Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

kristyna_hughes

Unable to Access Dataset Settings in External Org

I have access and a pro account with an external org. I was able to publish a report, but whenever I go to adjust dataset settings, I click but nothing happens. I can access the security, but not the dataset settings. Any tips to get this to work or is there a known outage? 

Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kristyna_hughes ,

Please confirm the Allow Azure Active Directory guest users to edit and manage content in the organization tenant setting is enabled in the external org, then you need have the correct role in the Workspace and you need takeover the dataset before set the dataset.

For more details, you can read related document: Export and sharing tenant settings - Power BI | Microsoft Learn , Roles in workspaces in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kristyna_hughes ,

Please confirm the Allow Azure Active Directory guest users to edit and manage content in the organization tenant setting is enabled in the external org, then you need have the correct role in the Workspace and you need takeover the dataset before set the dataset.

For more details, you can read related document: Export and sharing tenant settings - Power BI | Microsoft Learn , Roles in workspaces in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This did the trick, thank you! The functionality is very glitchy (constantly goes blank or won't load without logging in again), but it does function. 

kristyna_hughes

I can get the page to load by copying the URL from my main tenant and changing the group GUID and dataset GUID, but it's completely blank on the details I want to change 

kristyna_hughes_0-1689613494993.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors