Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jackquelynguyen
Frequent Visitor

Total Costs Measure not Working Correctly

For each Project there is 3 ProjectOptions Option A, Option B, and Option C with 5 Unit Cost each in their individual tables (15 rows). In table 'All Values' for each ProjectOption has values 1-15 (675 rows). I have 4 slicers total: ProjectOption and individual Values field (1-15) filtered by Project source. There will always be 3 values chosen in the ProjectOption slicer because I am comparing the combinations of Projects and their ProjectOption to find the most cost efficient project totals totalling 15 values overall. So if I choose ProjectOption Apartment Units - Option A value 4 (Selected Cost 219k), Clubhouse - Option B value 5 (Selected Cost 217k), and Exterior - Option A value 5 ( Selected Cost 123k). The Total Cost measure should equate to 559k and the Selected Value measure should say 15 but both measures say 0. I don't understand why the ProjectOption individual selected costs and selected values display the correct totals but wont display the total costs in the seperate card measure. In regards to the Line and Stacked column chart visual x axis is ProjectOption and the column y axis is the 3 projects selected cost and when I select different values on the slicers for each project the visual goes blank unless its the same selected value across the projects. @parry2k @Greg_Deckler AllValues Table (Apartment Units, Clubhouse, Exterior)AllValues Table (Apartment Units, Clubhouse, Exterior)1/3 project table1/3 project tableCard visuals not workingCard visuals not working

3 REPLIES 3
jackquelynguyen
Frequent Visitor

@parry2k @Greg_Deckler I need to be able to add all 3 project selected costs and selected values together based on slicer selection and display on graph. Thanks! Here is the onedrive link https://architecturaldgngrp-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/jnguyen_adgblatt_com/Eao2CoixD2NKtuya8...

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@jackquelynguyen thanks for tagging. It will be easier if you create a pbix file with sample data and the expected output it will help to provide a solution. You can use one drive/google drive to share the file, and make sure to remove the sensitive information before sharing. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Did you happen to see my dataset I posted? @parry2k 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors