Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tile Refresh vs Reports Visuals

I was go through microsoft documentation to understand data refresh , how can it be possible that tile refresh happens automatically when report visuals are not refreshed?

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data

powerbiexpert22_0-1706482099441.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @powerbiexpert22 ,

A tile is a report visual pinned to a dashboard. The data in these tiles refreshes about every hour so that the tiles show recent results. This is known as a tile refresh.

However, if the original visualization used to create the tile changes, the tile doesn’t change. For example, if the designer pinned a line chart from a report and then changed the line chart to a bar chart, the dashboard tile continues to show a line chart. The data refreshes, but the visualization type doesn’t. This is because tiles are snapshots of your data at the time they were created.

So, even if the report visuals are not refreshed, the data within the tiles can still be updated. This allows the tiles to show recent results, even if the underlying report visual has not been updated.

Solved: Power BI Pinned Dashboad Tiles Not Updating After ... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

I am pinning visuals to a dashboard right now. What will happen if the original visual is removed/non-existent? I believe it is possible to pin visuals while you are in edit mode in pbi service then not saving it may remove or as if the visual did not exist.

@v-xiaoyan-msft 

Is there a way to make Title refresh after 30 minutes or 15 minutes? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors