Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mumin

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset

Hello

I have a report which has many data sources some linked to sharepoint folder (folders with excel files inside) and some to web links to a direct excel file online

In the desktop version, I was able to refresh the data

when I published it, and tried to refresh, it showed me this error, probaly from the sharepoint folder

Any help please?

Thanks

Untitled.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mumin 

The Scenario

Have a Excel file saved to a sharepoint.  This is where Power BI is pulling the auto updates from.  When accessing the file it opens in Excel online.  If you make any updates on here it was changing the version of the Excel file causing the error.  

Fix.

Copy and paste the data to a blank Excel file to make sure its the proper version.  You can save it over the original or in a new location.  If in new location you have to change the path in the query editor.  

Make sure not to work in Excel online always open in Excel for this issue.  

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mumin 

The Scenario

Have a Excel file saved to a sharepoint.  This is where Power BI is pulling the auto updates from.  When accessing the file it opens in Excel online.  If you make any updates on here it was changing the version of the Excel file causing the error.  

Fix.

Copy and paste the data to a blank Excel file to make sure its the proper version.  You can save it over the original or in a new location.  If in new location you have to change the path in the query editor.  

Make sure not to work in Excel online always open in Excel for this issue.  

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors