Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kc101
Regular Visitor

Subscription to PowerBI Report not sending email

I currently have a PowerBI Pro licence and trying to subscribe to a report that I had created using the "Subscribe to report" feature.  I setup the subscription to run at 8 am daily after the semantic model refreshes at 7 am (takes about 5 min to refresh).  I was able to receive a subscription email once, but since then have not been able to receive any emails once refresh completes.  I've also tried the "Send now" test of the subscription, but also don't receive an email.

I've gone through the link below to ensure I have captured all the considerations but to no luck.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-report-subscribe#considerations-...

I have also asked our IT team to add the no-reply-powerbi@microsoft.com address to our safe senders list.

I've also tried deleting and recreating the subscriptions, but have had no luck in receiving an email.

Wondering if anyone has encountered a similar issue and could offer suggestions for resolution. Many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
kc101
Regular Visitor

Just to add some additional info.   Our IT team did a trace of emails and it looks like they could only see the one subscription email that was previously sent and was received successfully.  They are unable to see any other emails from the no-reply-powerbi@microsoft.com email in the queue.   Would there be a way to determine whether subscribe to report actually did send an email?  I have tried on multiple occasions to use the "Send now" for the subscription but it doesn't seem to send out any emails.  Are there any pre-requisites for a subscription email to be sent? i.e. the semantic model needs to be refreshed first? etc.?  Any help/insight would be much appreciated. 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @kc101 

If you have not received the email, the only option left is to contact support so that they can track it internally to see why the email hasn't reached you.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors