Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RachelRye

Sharing Reports

We are a small school that just starting using Dynamics 365 for our student information. We are just now creating reports. I have a created two workspaces for admin and faculty. I thought we could share reports with a Pro license, and have individuals view the reports for free. But now they are getting a message to update to a pro version and can't get into their workspaces. How do we share reports for free? Can we not put them in a shared workspace?

3 REPLIES 3
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

That is probably referring to Premium capacity, which does let free users view reports published to a workspace.  Without that, users could view the reports in Power BI desktop if you shared the .PBIX file with them.

djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @RachelRye ,

You can't share reports in a workspace for free with the Power BI Pro license. Each user accessing the report needs a Power BI Pro license.

So why does  it say you can view reports for free? Is there another place I can store reports so users can view them for free?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors