Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharepoint Action Bar Setting Ignored for External Users?

We have a premium license:

I've embeded a report into Sharepoint on 2 different site pages.  One for internal users with the Action Bar enabled and one for External Users with the Action Bar disabled.  When all interal users visits both sites...we see the Action Bar on the internal and not on the external.  Perfect!

But...we have a UAT call with the client today (external user) and when she shared her screen...we see the Action Bar.  So after the call I had a friend working for a 3rd company use her instituional account to log in and she also sees the Action bar on both pages.

So...The Action Bar (On vs Off) does nothing for external users.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Even if we have to turn it off for all external?  Is this a SharePoint site setting? 

Has anyone else experienced this?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update - I completely delted the Power BI objects from both Sharepoint sites and tried using the old fashioned <embed> option.  It gave me issues with the filter pane on the right.  Then I tried deleting those and putting it back to the way it should work.  And it does!  I've tried republishing the Power BI report serveral times to break it again but it won't.

At this point...it was broken but a delete and re-create of the embeded objects fixed it.  I'm unable to determine what broke it in the first place.  If it happens again I'll update this question.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

As far as I know this is current limitation. Maybe someone else has got another work around!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors