Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fcuello
Frequent Visitor

Server Error Power BI Not Authorized Exception

I have this report embedded into a SharePoint site (using the publish to web (public) options) and continually get this server error. Not sure what the real cause is, as all I have to do to fix it, is go to the power bi service workspace where the report is and refresh it, then refresh the SP site and that is it, the report works.

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Fcuello_0-1707060641175.png

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Fcuello 

As far as I know that might be a limitation with Publish to web and that is why it is not working as expected.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fcuello ,

To embed your report into SharePoint Online, you need to get the report URL and use it with SharePoint Online's Power BI web part.

1. Open a report in the Power BI service.

2. On the File menu, select Embed report > SharePoint Online.

vbinbinyumsft_1-1707289284688.png

3. Copy the report URL from the dialog box.

vbinbinyumsft_2-1707289312971.png

Embedding a report in SharePoint Online doesn't automatically give users permission to view the report - you need to set view permissions in Power BI.

1. If you're using a Microsoft 365 Group to build your SharePoint Online team site, list the user as a member of the workspace within the Power BI service and the SharePoint page.

2. Share directly with users

For more details, you could read related document: Embed a report web part in SharePoint Online - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

But that only works if every user on SP also has a PPU pbi license. I need to use the republish to web (public) so that anyone with access to the SP site can view it regardless of their pbi license. 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Fcuello 

This could be because you are embedding a power BI public report into Sharepoint I would suggest trying to just put a link to the report and see if that works.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors