Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

projectChanakya

Scheduling Dashboard with Power Automate

We have some dashboards published in Power BI service with RLS configured. We now need to schedule the dashboards to user's email as PDF attachment on daily basis. This should respect the RLS configured for individual user. The dashboards contain multiple pages and all pages should be sent in one attachment file. We have Power BI Pro license for the users.

Need to know the following:

1. Is Power Automate mandatory for the above requirement?

2. What are the SKUs/services/licenses do we need to purchase?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. No Power Automate is not mandatory because it's only using the Power Bi Rest API, so you can use that writting, for example, a python code. You need a dedicated capacity in order to export to file with the API.

I really don't know how to handle it with Power Automate, I can show you the doc for the specific endpoint for doing this. It's this one: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/reports/export-to-file-in-group

Building this request for using RLS can be very very tricky. So be careful when writing the code. Make sure you test it a lot.

Just in case consider reading the limitations before doing it: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/export-to#considerations-and-limitatio...

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors