Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

danielhough
Helper II
Helper II

Scheduled Refresh Automatically Disables

Hello Community, I have issues with my scheduled refreshes disappearing? If there is an error while attempting to refresh, I need to go back in and turn it back on and sometimes, it simply vanishes for no reason?

Is there anyway to set this to never turn off even when erroring? I have several workspaces to manage and its a bit of a pain to check and monitor this. 

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @danielhough 

In my experience Refreshing never "simply vanishes for no reason".  Power BI will deactivate your refresh schedule after four consecutive failures or when the service detects an unrecoverable error that requires a configuration update, such as invalid or expired credentials. It is not possible to change the consecutive failures threshold.

Refreshes are also paused if no-one access any Reports or Dashboards based on the dataset in two months, again there's no way to change this inactivity timeout.

Take a look at the Refresh history of the datasets and see if there's an error or more information there. You can also set it up to email you if Refresh fails, which might help with managing the Datasets.

See: Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

hope this helps.

Stuart 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @danielhough 

In my experience Refreshing never "simply vanishes for no reason".  Power BI will deactivate your refresh schedule after four consecutive failures or when the service detects an unrecoverable error that requires a configuration update, such as invalid or expired credentials. It is not possible to change the consecutive failures threshold.

Refreshes are also paused if no-one access any Reports or Dashboards based on the dataset in two months, again there's no way to change this inactivity timeout.

Take a look at the Refresh history of the datasets and see if there's an error or more information there. You can also set it up to email you if Refresh fails, which might help with managing the Datasets.

See: Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

hope this helps.

Stuart 

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors