Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Nishantp
Regular Visitor

Same DAX code for multiple reports

I have to create about 100 reports which are pretty much identical but they will be published on our site. The only difference being each report is for a different city that is stored in our database. Right now I plan on creating, publishing and sharing 100 reports but that is not a scalabble model as if I need to change anything I now have to go back and edit all the 100 reports.

Is there a better way where I create one report that I send a specific variable (city in my case) to and it will create that report?

I can't use role based views as this is for folks outside my organization.

Nishant

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Nishantp

There has been a recent change where you can now share content outside your organization with Power BI and Business to Business.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-expands-access-to-intelligence-for-external-guest-...

This would allow you to create one report and then share it to the relevant users using Row Level Security.

This would be the only way I would implement it, because to try and maintain 100 reports would be extremely time consuming, as well as prone to error via all the different reports.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors