Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bblais
Resolver III
Resolver III

Salesforce Refresh in Service - LoginHistory clears out

Hello,

I have a dataset and reports that connects to Salesforce objects and uses 6 of the standard tables that the Salesforce Objects connection exposes, including LoginHistory.  Everything is working fine when I refresh from PBI Desktop.  The LoginHistory table definitely takes the longest to refresh from Desktop, but it's reasonable, like 2 mins total for the whole refresh.  I'm currently pulling about 7,000 rows from this object, again very reasonable. 

The issue arises when I publish to Power BI Service and refresh the dataset.  For now I'm just doing "refresh now" and it's not scheduled refresh, but it's the same issue either way.  The refresh starts going and then after about 30 seconds, it finishes and says that the refresh was successful.  And indeed, the refresh did get new data for the other 5 objects that are in the report.  However, the LoginHistory table is now completely empty in my dataset.  I've tried refreshing at different times, changing the salesforce URL to my client's specific login URL, changing the data load options in the PBIX file to not use parallel load.  Nothing has helped so far.  It just always clears out and does not repopulate only the LoginHistory table in my dataset and then reports that the refresh succeeded with no errors.

Any thoughts?  Anybody else have this issue with the LoginHistory object or any other Salesforce objects?

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

5 REPLIES 5
psolli
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,

Writeback to Tabluar with both Import mode and Direct query is fully supported with Visual Planning from Power ON. There is a great video here to get you started. http://poweronbi.com/powerbi-visual-planning/

It is a great solution for SalesForce Forecasts in Power BI.

You can also load data from Power BI to SQL with their solutions: http://poweronbi.com/2017/06/power-update-from-power-bi-desktop-to-sql-server

Power ON also has a Table Editor that lets you edit SQL Tables in Power BI Service directly. http://poweronbi.com/visual-table-editor/

Contact info is feedback@poweronbi.com

Visual Planner turns Power BI into a fully fledged Goal Seek and Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting solution.

Per Solli

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bblais,

Did you have any other application operate the datasource? I'm not think power bi will clear your login history table.

Power bi only read data from datasource and not contain the writeback operations.

In addition, power bi refresh function does not generate operate log to history table. (It only logged when you sign in the certificate)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

I wasn't suggesting that the actual LoginHistory table in the data source is getting cleared out.  What I meant was that the Power BI dataset QUERY is returning 0 rows from the data source when refreshed from within the Power BI service.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi @bblais,

Since I have some trouble to sign in my salesforce credentials at power bi service side, perhaps you can submit a support ticket at below link:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket/

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you.  I submitted a support ticket yesterday.  I will post here if they are able to resolve my issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors