Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Reetz
Helper II
Helper II

Row level security not working. User must request access

Hello,

I have a PowerBI report published in a premium capacity workspace with row level security.  I am finding that some users (not all)  are getting a security error that they don't have access to the report even though they are included in the row level security.  I am having to go in and share the report with them so they can open the report.  This was never an issue before.  Did something change?

Thank you!

Capture.JPG

1 REPLY 1
collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @Reetz ,

I think that you might be conflating two topics.  The RLS works for the data.  The permissions to the report/workspace/app is different.  You need to share the location (workspace or app) with the user(s) in question.  That allows them to GET TO the report.  Then, what they see on the report itself is bsed on the RLS.
I noticed you said it worked in the past, but, is this a new workspace or app?  Are the user(s) in question new?  Both of those scenarios would be the reason it worked previously and not now.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors