Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AngeMB
Regular Visitor

Request Permission Access at First Attempt to Open Report

Hello!

Current issue I'm having is that I have developed a PowerBI report that has been added as a Live Image link into a PowerPoint.

This PowerBI Report includes RLS (embeded via PowerBI Desktop) to only allow certain users access to certain filtered data. 

Before we shared the PowerPoint with the users, we ensured that the PowerBI Report in PowerBI Service had them as Read Only access.

However, when the users receive the PowerPoint with the Live Image Slides that are connected to the RLS-backed PowerBI report, the users are still being prompted to Request Access. We can give them access no problems after that and the RLS restrictions still work. 

Is there a way to set this up so that they don't have to request access when trying to open the report the first time? 

AngeMB_0-1681400957280.png

3 REPLIES 3
AngeMB
Regular Visitor

I'll re-check with our teams but we all should be on Premium PowerBI Workspaces. Can you clarify this:
 Did you share via the app? Did you set the app to auto install?

The link was generated from the workstation within PowerBI Services and then added into a widget insert in PowerPoint. 

The link was generated from the workstation within PowerBI Services and then added into a widget insert in PowerPoint.

I assume you mean workspace.  I would recommend against doing it that way. In a Power BI Premium environment all links need to be coming from the app environment ("/groups/me/"), not the workspace environment ("/groups/").  Workspaces are to be used for ITG only.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Needs more details. Is this on Premium workspace?  Did you share via the app? Did you set the app to auto install?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors