Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RichardRod
Regular Visitor

Report uses Analysis services connection not woking (There was a data source access error...)

Hi,

I have two reports in the online Power BI service with different connection type - SQL Server and Analysis Services. First one wokring correctly, but report for Analysis Services failed with error "There was a data source access error. please contact the gateway administrator", although both reports use the same gateway (on premises data gateway version no. 3000.218.9) and in lineage view of workspace, both have Connection status: Connection saccesfull, Gateway status: Online. I aproaching to data through my account - i am administrator on working station and in MS SQL, MS Analysis services too, where OLAP cube and relation database are.

These reports in Power BI Desktop is working wihtout an issue, of course.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Richard

3 REPLIES 3
SaiTejaTalasila
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

Change authentication method and check.

v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RichardRod ,

The error "There was a data source access error. please contact the gateway administrator" should indicate an error in the data source credentials.

Check that the credential information for the Analysis Services data source is configured correctly in the gateway configuration.

vhuijieymsft_0-1715565126267.png

For more information about configuring Analysis Services data sources, visit:

Manage SQL Server Analysis Services data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Or you can also take a look at this official document, which may be useful to you:

Troubleshoot the on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Learn

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Hi, thanks for your reply. I appreciate it

Unfortunately, stil not working.

It seems, that On promises data gateway is set correctly - how i wrote, report connected to MS SQL relation database work fine. And there aren't any errors in on premieses data gateway service (it´s online a ready to use).

And about Analysis services data source - i use same credential information like in SQL server data source, which works. Even, if i try to update credentials in existing Analysis service data source with deliberate wrong username/psswd, it fires error "Unable to update connection credentials.
The on-premises data gateway's service account failed to impersonate the user."

Is there any others options to set for Analysis services data source?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors