Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Rabin25
Regular Visitor

Report Access and Row Level Security

Hi everyone,

I have a report that is published to Power BI service with a couple of row level security. I have added AD security groups to those roles in Power BI service. When I test the roles as some of the users included in the security group, I am able to view the report and data, but I get an error message on top saying "This user does not have access to the dataset or report". 

I have not given the security groups direct access to the report and only added them to the security roles that were created. Am I getting the error message because I have not given the groups direct access to the report? I was under the impression that when the users are added to a security roles, they do not need to have direct access. Can you please advise?

Rabin25_2-1696877678086.png

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rabin25 

You also need to give the users access to read the dataset permissions. You can do this by clicking on the dataset, then manage permissions and add the AD Security Groups.

GilbertQ_0-1696887779290.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors