Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DanduMani104
Helper III
Helper III

Regarding Dataflow

Can We Transfer the data between two  different gateways to different Databases?..Please let me know if it possible.

I tried, but While creating dataflow I unable to find 'Add Destination' Option in Power Query online in power bi service. Can you people help me Out of this.

This is what I want to try.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. What is it that you want to do with two gateways? I mean, I'm not getting it. You can install more than one gateway sure. You can have a dataset/dataflow using one and another dataset/dataflow using another one. But you can't move data like "gateway -> gateway -> dataset".

When you use Dataflow the data is stored in a black box as "Dataflow". The only way to get that data is using PowerBi Desktop. As an alternative you can connect an Azure Storage Account (data lake gen2) in order to let the dataflow store the data in there. You can't use other destination for a Dataflow.

I hope that make sense.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors