Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Edjz
Frequent Visitor

Refreshing data from graph error in service: Failed to update data source credentia

Hi, I have a report in Power BI desktop that uses Graph API as a data source through an Odata feed, specifically it is accessing the schedule table of a Shifts for Teams schedule. The report refreshes fine in desktop, but not in the service, meaning I have to manually refresh and republish the report to get the service version to refresh. I have been told previously by an MS rep that this is an issue with how authentication works in the service, and this was the only way to do it. I hope the issue is resolved by now, and I just haven't come across it, or maybe others have found a solution? For a smaller table, I have had a power automate flow delete and repopulate an excel table held in sharepoint and referred to that, but this table is far too big and will continue to grow. Any suggestions as to a solution or work around that means I can auto-refresh the data source on the service would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Edjz 

The only way I would get this working is to use PowerShell to get the data I need.

My method would be to use an Azure Runbook, install the required PowerShell modules then run the PowerShell script.

I would take the output of the PowerShell script and store this in Azure Blob Storage. 

I would then read the files in Azure Blob storage into Power BI.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Edjz
Frequent Visitor

Hmmm.... Well I know what power shell is, so guess I'm a 3rd of the way there right??? I though I was just very close using power automate to run a cmdlet to upload from my PC, but it can only create new, not update and existing, so will try your solution if nothing simpler comes up. Also, I expect I need to upgrade my azure subscription to a P ski? Seems crazy for getting a ms online database to talk to a ms online database, should be out the box! Anyway, thank you very much for your insight. Any others greatly appreciated.

Hi @Edjz 

Yeah I had a look and I could not find any other way to get the data easily.

No you do not need a P SKU to do this you can use your existing licenses.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors