Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ezaidi
Frequent Visitor

Recurring (not always) PowerBI service refresh failure on a particular report

Hi, I have been having a reccurring power bi refresh on the service nearly every day. Its more like 70% of the time the report fails to refresh due to a vague error. When I try to manually refresh, it works 100% of the time. In power bi Desktop I have no problem. Why is this occuring only the scheduled refreshes? For now I have two runs, one at 4:30pm and one at 5:30pm in case one fails. Here is the error message:

An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.
Refresh failed:

KPI Overseas Front Office has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"<pi>An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Internal .NET Framework Data Provider error 6.'</pi>"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"SQL"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"<ccon>sqlvelanbiprod.database.windows.net;sqldb-velanbi</ccon>"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Bookings.

Next refresh for KPI_Overseas_Front_Office_ is scheduled for July 16, 2023 21:30 UTC.

Technical Information

Activity Id:
6bf8de03-870e-4570-91b4-660c2ba83d02

Request Id:
0d47a41a-b037-4e2b-bb2d-dbeb5db99bd7

Cluster Name:
WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-C-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Refresh Start Time:
July 16, 2023 20:31 UTC

Refresh End Time:
July 16, 2023 20:41 UTC

3 REPLIES 3
mattiasdesmet
Resolver I
Resolver I

What type of Azure SQL db is this? serverless? Is it possible the database is starting at that time, and is not getting the connection immediately?

What could help is adding an increased connection timeout value (standard it's 10 minues), but using this code you can increase it:

= Sql.Database("servername", "AdventureWorks", [CommandTimeout=#duration(0, 0, 20, 0), Query="SELECT ...

Deece
Frequent Visitor

Same issue for me, transient issue sporadic on refresh schedules , the tables always mentioned but rotate are ones from dataflows in service. Manual refresh works. 

leviendeh

Hi @ezaidi , I've got the same issue since a couple of weeks, with same characteristics. For me it fails like 90% with scheduled refresh, and always successfull with manual refresh indeed. Moreover I've got 3 datasets pulling data from the same Azure SQL db, and only 1 out of the 3 has this issue. Curious to see a solution for this...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors