Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Dhanak4
Frequent Visitor

Received error payload from gateway service with ID 177575: Error logging on username

Hi,

Now we also facing the same issue to connect SQL server with windows account. Not sure how to move forword here.

Received error payload from gateway service with ID 177575: Error logging on username 'Domain\Username'

2 REPLIES 2
imbarr

Hope this may be of some help as I have has similar issues.

I run the gateway service as the default NT SERVICE\PBIEgwService, so looked in the log files under C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway on my on premise gateway server. In the latest GatewayErrors20230305.000000000.log I found the following error,

GatewayPipelineErrorCode=DM_GWPipeline_UnknownError

GatewayVersion=

InnerType=UnauthorizedAccessException

InnerMessage=<ccon>Access to the path 'C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway' is denied.</ccon>

InnerToString=<ccon>System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway' is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()

at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)

As a test I have given ‘Everyone’ read permissions to that folder and straight away the failing data source connections can be brought online and I can use the original accounts to connect.

At the moment I can't say for certain that it ia as a result of me running the February 2023 update that caused the failure or maybe a change on our servers, but it does seem a bit of a coincidence.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Can you log in to the SQL Server with these credentials via SSMS?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors