Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sibeck_77
Helper I
Helper I

Pricing Dataflow and Azure Data Lake

Hi, 

I would like to commission Dataflows via Power BI Service. If no Azure Data Lake is in use, Power BI Service manages an Azure Data Lake by default in the background (is included in the pricing of Power BI Pro license and is also a prerequisite for using Dataflows).

Now I have the question if I have to pay the Azure Data Lake fees in addition to the Power BI Pro license (data storage, transactions etc.) according to https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/storage/data-lake/ or if this is all included in Power BI Pro and I really only pay Power BI Pro and nothing else?

Thank you for your support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

if you creating the dataflow inside power bi service you just need the power bi pro price, now if for some reason you want to use azure datalake cause you have a datalake on use between azure that you use for others porpuse but want to use it for BI too you need to price both power bi + azure data lake storage, it all depend on the use, but if you using the dataflow between power platform power BI pro will do no problem 🙂 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

if you creating the dataflow inside power bi service you just need the power bi pro price, now if for some reason you want to use azure datalake cause you have a datalake on use between azure that you use for others porpuse but want to use it for BI too you need to price both power bi + azure data lake storage, it all depend on the use, but if you using the dataflow between power platform power BI pro will do no problem 🙂 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you for your awsome support!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors