Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Powerbi App feture

Hey all
I am unable to save/update an app with a report in it. It is less than overall limit of 10 reports so that limitation is not there.
Does the size of the report can cause any issue? If too big it might not get added into the app?

While updating or adding it on the app during preview it happens easily, but when I go to the app link it does not comes up. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @eshanpacheriwal 

I don't know where you got the 10 report limit from. According to the documentation the limit is 200 Reports and Dashboards in an App. So I don't think that is the issue, neither is size, if the Report fits in a Workspace in Power BI it'll fit into an App.

What I think is happening is that the new App UI,  once you've published an App, adding any content to it is added with the view turned off for all Audiences. You have to turn the new content on for whichever Audience is appropriate.

To do this go via "Update App", then on the (3) Audience tab, move your mouse over the navigation items on the left hand side, you see the Eye Icon pop up for each navigation item.

Burningsuit_0-1667309538378.png

You'll need to check this for each Audience you have created. 

See: Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

This worked, I completely missed this thing. \thanks a lot. 

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @eshanpacheriwal ,

Check this document.

Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

As it says:

Make any changes you want to the dashboards or reports.

The workspace is your staging area, so your changes aren't live in the app until you publish again. This lets you make changes without affecting the published apps.

If it still does not help, please provide more details with the error.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @eshanpacheriwal 

I don't know where you got the 10 report limit from. According to the documentation the limit is 200 Reports and Dashboards in an App. So I don't think that is the issue, neither is size, if the Report fits in a Workspace in Power BI it'll fit into an App.

What I think is happening is that the new App UI,  once you've published an App, adding any content to it is added with the view turned off for all Audiences. You have to turn the new content on for whichever Audience is appropriate.

To do this go via "Update App", then on the (3) Audience tab, move your mouse over the navigation items on the left hand side, you see the Eye Icon pop up for each navigation item.

Burningsuit_0-1667309538378.png

You'll need to check this for each Audience you have created. 

See: Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors