Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

GoncaloCare
Helper I
Helper I

PowerBI Premium with Embedded

Hi there!

So, I have a question. We want to use Power BI Embedded buying a Power BI Premium per user. My question is, If I have that and share the dashboard with clients, will they need to sign-in in a 365 office account? Or anyone with the link can open the Embedded report? 

Hope my question is clear.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
GoncaloCare
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @ibarrau . Thank you for your answer. Can you give me the pricing for those?i'm not finding it.

Because I asked yesterday to a customer support and he said, if I bought PowerBI Premium per user, it would work fine. 

Well maybe the details weren't clear. You can embed with the microsoft login forced asking for a license. That is available for pro and ppu. The thing change when you want to embed with custom login and stop depending on microsoft login and the user license.

In order to build something without requiring user license is purchasing capacity license.

Power Bi Embedded licensing:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/power-bi-embedded/

You can get one of those and build your custom app with custom login. 
You can also just talk with a company that has already been there and has a product for doing that, for example: https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps/pidata.pi-soft-pibi?tab=Overview

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Premium Per User (PPU) works with Power BI embedded, in the same way as a Power BI Pro license. You can embed the content, and each user will need a PPU license to view it.

If you want to build a custom web app embedding for your customers with custom login, you must purchase dedicated capacity (PowerBi Embedded from Azure or Power Bi Premium Capacity from Office)

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors