Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sanjayshah
Advocate I
Advocate I

PowerBI Dashboard Tile or Report Refresh

Hi :

When a PowerBI report / dashboard is connected to a live source e.g. SSAS Tabular or a Direct Query to Teradata, at what frequency does the report visual / Dashboard tile refresh ?

To give an example : I have a Report which is showing me the total sales of INR 100. This report is connected on a Direct Query mode to my SQL Database. The invoicing in my backend system continues to happen, and now it has become 110. So when will the PowerBI Report show that the total sales are now INR 110 ? Will there be a latency of 5 seconds, 10 seconds, a minute ???

Secondly, can the refresh of the report be controlled via some mechanism so that i can refresh at faster intervals ?

Thanks in advance

Sanjay Shah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@sanjayshah Dashboard tiles refresh on 15 minute schedule (roughly). If you are looking to have your Power BI report as a "live" monitoring page, or something to that effect. I believe you would need to have the browser open to the report page, and have a seperate 3rd party program refresh the browser page at a set interval. This would re-execute the Direct Queries for the visuals on the page and return the "live" data.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@sanjayshah Dashboard tiles refresh on 15 minute schedule (roughly). If you are looking to have your Power BI report as a "live" monitoring page, or something to that effect. I believe you would need to have the browser open to the report page, and have a seperate 3rd party program refresh the browser page at a set interval. This would re-execute the Direct Queries for the visuals on the page and return the "live" data.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Hello,

I have a dashboard connected via DirecQuery to a Azure sql server and the tiles won't refresh unless the button 'Refresh Dashboard Tiles' is pressed. Even refreshing the webpage (F5) doesn't refresh tiles.

Is this an expected behavior or an issue? 

Cheers,

Anton

Thanks, Eno.

I will try this out, and I hope it does not ask for the login details again.

Sanjay Shah

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors