Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TI-Michiel
Regular Visitor

PowerBI Copilot - access - what licenses

We want to start using PowerBI CoPilot. Its VERY hard to find out exactly what is needed for it. Can anyone help us by confirming we need the following?

- Microsoft 365 license. Can we go for Microsoft 365 Business Basic? Of is Microsoft 365 Business Premium needed?

Microsoft 365 Copilot license. Where do we purchase this? Can it be purchased online?

Power BI Premium capacity. We have started using an F2 (smallest) premium capacity. Does that support PowerBI CoPilot?

Thnx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mohammadali
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey, (Im from the product team)

The requirements were mentioned below:

• you need a P1 or F64 or above
  • your tenant admin needs to have enabled it for the tenant (if your tenant admin, cant see this setting, it means it has not yet rolled out to your tenant)

We are rolling out tenant by tenant, so please bare with us whilst we onboard more and more of you. if you share your tenant ID I can confirm where you are in the rollout. The hope is by Jan everyone will have access.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
rbrenes

Hi everybody,

i have a similar issue (or at least i think it is similar 😉 ). I have been asking around what kind of license I should get to share a report I created with power bi with two persons outside my organisation, but no luck so far.

Does anybody know how to get this information? The report will be presented in power point, so I need both colleagues to be able to open and see the content. 

please advise

mhammo
Helper I
Helper I

Fabric pricing is OUTRAGEOUS and a non-starter for most companies.

trebllaw
Frequent Visitor

Its currently rolled out on our tenant now and we've enabled having the data copied over to regions where Azure OpenAI is available. Now another question would be since our tenant is in UK South, where would our data be copied over? US or France? or is it random?

paulking2224

I have a power bi premium user licence and copilot, but the company does not have a premium capacity. The workspace is set to premium per user. Should copilot still work?

trebllaw
Frequent Visitor

Do we need to enable Fabric items on our Premium Capacity before we can see the OpenAI setting to allow data to leave our geographic region? We are on the UK South region, have our Fabric items currently enabled to specific security groups and I'm not seeing this particular setting for us to test Copilot.

Do we also have a timeline on when it will be enabled for all tenants?

mohammadali
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey, (Im from the product team)

The requirements were mentioned below:

• you need a P1 or F64 or above
  • your tenant admin needs to have enabled it for the tenant (if your tenant admin, cant see this setting, it means it has not yet rolled out to your tenant)

We are rolling out tenant by tenant, so please bare with us whilst we onboard more and more of you. if you share your tenant ID I can confirm where you are in the rollout. The hope is by Jan everyone will have access.

Hi! Thnx for clearing that up. 

Is this the tenant ID you are looking for? 2af8d913-216d-4315-9faa-76b49f050b70

If not, where do I find it?

TI-Michiel
Regular Visitor

Why is this so difficult? No answer yet

I'm sorry but it's weird. If you are in a hurry I would rise a ticket or an issue to Microsoft. Otherwise I guess it's a matter of time it appears in there because I'm seeing from the day it was announced at ignite at Admin Portal:

ibarrau_0-1701088230890.png

Once those two are in there and you fullfill the requeriments, you should turn it on when editing a report for example.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

NikolaiPavlov

So, basically, it looks like Fabric will be a privilege of large enterprises not small and medium sized companies that won't be able to afford the license cost. Come on, @Microsoft we were hoping the new platform will be more democractic than this. 

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. You can find what you are looking for at this doc: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/copilot-introduction#copilot-requirements

In there you will see all Copilot Requirements for PowerBi. Basically the admin should turn it on and you need a Fabric F64 or P1 to make it work.

I hope that helps

P/D Just remember copilot is in public preview. Things can change when it become generally available

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Yes I saw that, And I have a Premium Capacity assigned, but the options are not showing in Tenant settings

The feature is not available at all regions. It's only for those that have AI services too. You can check them here:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/data-science/ai-services/ai-services-overview#available-reg...

That could be a reason of why the new feature is not at the Admin Portal -> Tenant Settings available to turn it on. Otherwise it should be there at the Admin Portal.

I hope that make sense

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Its available in my region, according to that list

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors