Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI App

Dear all,

I have PowerBI Pro licence and I have made an app that certain people in my company that don't have access to PowerBI Pro can easily access and she the application. Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous 

Basically, no.

If you only have a Power BI Pro licence, any content you share, by any method, App, Share, Teams etc. requires a Power BI Pro licence to view it.

Indivudual Reports can be Published to Web, which means anyone with the URL can view without a licence, but not Apps. 

What you want is possible with a Premium Capacity licence, then an App hosted in a Premium Capacity Workspace can be viewed by user with a Free Power BI licence, but not otherwise.

see: Types of licenses for Power BI business users - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous 

Basically, no.

If you only have a Power BI Pro licence, any content you share, by any method, App, Share, Teams etc. requires a Power BI Pro licence to view it.

Indivudual Reports can be Published to Web, which means anyone with the URL can view without a licence, but not Apps. 

What you want is possible with a Premium Capacity licence, then an App hosted in a Premium Capacity Workspace can be viewed by user with a Free Power BI licence, but not otherwise.

see: Types of licenses for Power BI business users - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors