Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Bi report Access

Hello, 

A user created a report called C&M Dashboard V3 in power bi which everyone in the C&M team had access to. However, since the user has left the business we can no longer access this report. I would like to know how I can grant access to the report.

kind regards,

Anees

8 REPLIES 8
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. First you should check if the report was created inside of a Workspace or if it was created at their personal "My Workspace".  

Workspaces are collaborative spaces that can be used by several people. If that's the case there might be a way to recover it. However, "My Workspace" is a personal place to publish things that can only share with read permission to other people. That place only exists while the accunt is active. If you delete the office account then the space will be deleted.

Be sure to check that.

You should always keep the developments (pbix files) in a repository to avoid this situations.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ibarrau I can see the user account is deleted in office 365. 

Do I need to restore the user account to access the personal workspace

Are you sure there is no workspace created for that? usually when there is they give access to the workspace, when there is not, you usually check the report from "Share with me" menu.

You should try that. I'm not sure if bringing the accoun back will bring back the report 😞

I hope so.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ibarrau I think the report was created in the personal workspace however the user has left the business. when i click on the link for the report it asking grant access.

If you don't have the power bi desktop file, then try recovering his account. If the account was blocked but not deleted it might have the report yet.

I hope you recover that 🙂

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ibarrau 

i ran PowerShell script

Id : 
Name : 
Type : PersonalGroup
State : Removing
IsReadOnly : False
IsOrphaned : False
IsOnDedicatedCapacity : False
CapacityId :  

the workspace is removing how do i undo it.

Hi, @Anonymous 

Could you please tell me whether your problem has been solved?

For now, there is no content of description in the thread. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hi, @Anonymous 

From your current information, the report belongs to a person group (my workspace) and it cannot be shared or taken over. If you are an administrator, you will need to first restore the deleted user in Offic 365, change the account password, then log in to the account and download the report.