Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Bi license for reports-sharing in MSTeams

Hi everyone,

There is something in the PowerBi Licensing that is not clear to me.

I would like to share my PowerBi reports in Microsoft Teams (e.g. embed PowerBi in Teams) to one or any person that is member/guest of a MSTeams group.

Do the members of the selected group also need a PowerBi Pro license in order to see my reports? Or is it enough to be part of the specific MSTeams group? (Once they obviously get the right permissions).

I am using the test version of Power Bi pro now and would like to upgrade once the 90 days are over.

Thank you in advance for your time,

sincerely 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi

Everyone that views a Report in Power BI needs a licence of some sort. In your scenario, they need a Pro Licence if you only have a Pro licence. It can be a Free licence if your organisation has a "Premium Capacity" licence. But to view a report shared with them by any method (over Teams, within Power BI, or sharing a link) they need a licence. It depends on the number of viewers you want to have, below about 400 users it's cheaper to buy them each a Pro licence, over 400 users it's cheaper to get a Premium Capacity licence. "Premium" licences also provide more facilities, bigger Datasets, faster refresh, Paginated Reports etc.  

See Power BI Free vs Pro | What's The Difference | Burningsuit

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi

Everyone that views a Report in Power BI needs a licence of some sort. In your scenario, they need a Pro Licence if you only have a Pro licence. It can be a Free licence if your organisation has a "Premium Capacity" licence. But to view a report shared with them by any method (over Teams, within Power BI, or sharing a link) they need a licence. It depends on the number of viewers you want to have, below about 400 users it's cheaper to buy them each a Pro licence, over 400 users it's cheaper to get a Premium Capacity licence. "Premium" licences also provide more facilities, bigger Datasets, faster refresh, Paginated Reports etc.  

See Power BI Free vs Pro | What's The Difference | Burningsuit

Hope this helps

Stuart

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for replying.

It helped!

Kind regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors