Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Karan_9650
Frequent Visitor

Power BI service refresh not showing the data

We have a gataway connection in place with the Datasource as SQL server at client side. We have multiple reports and datasources connected to the same dataset file with a premium account. The Dataset file is set up on Scheduled refresh and is successful everytime. Although there is one field that gets calculated in the SQL database once a day (This is just a single column that gets calculated in the SQL server end when the refresh is scheduled in the database.) The data appears fine is desktop, in service however, the above mentioned column shows only blank values, but the rest of the data is perfect. Can you help me identify why can't I get any value in the column when it is available in SQL, Power BI desktop on every refresh.

Please note: There is no error received, the column is a date field (and I have already checked if the date type was a problem, but in any scenario, the date does not show in service.), the file refreshes 4 times a day and the date field only shows blank values. Can you please resolve this asap? 

@PBCommunity @PBICommunity @PowerBIDev @GilbertQ 

@v-tangjie-msft 

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Karan_9650 

When you refresh in PBI Desktop does it show the value?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQ Yes, desktop refresh and SQL database refresh, query editor refresh preview, all show the values.

Hi @Karan_9650 

That is rather unusual as it should show it then after the dataset refresh.

And you are using the latest version of the On-Premise Gateway?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQ Yes, I am using the lastest version of the gateway, I although didn't find the reason for this. But I have found a workaround. 

If I duplicate the table in the SQL database, I do get the figures in it, this concludes that due to the condition on this column, there is a reason or a setup that is required with Power BI service settings, Gateway or the SQL database. I would request you to kindly help me identify the reason if possible as I would really like to understand what the problem was.

@PBCommunity @PBICommunity @PowerBIDev @GilbertQ 

@v-tangjie-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors