Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

datateammfy

Power BI dashboard subscription not fully rendering

I set up a subscription of a Power BI dashboard to send via email daily. Recently, the email has not fully rendered all the visuals in the dashboard (some of visuals are populated while the others are not). 

The dashboard contains 7 pinned tiles from one report.

Please check the screenshot below as the illustration (One is fully rendered and one is not). Feel free to let us know if you need more info to resolve this issue. Thank you.

datateammfy_0-1707127926757.png

datateammfy_1-1707127948900.png

3 REPLIES 3
SD01

I am facing this same problem. My report and subcription had been running fine since past 6months, however last two weeks I am facing this error, rendering exceeded 225sec. I feel its the load time of the table, however cannot optimise the load time - it takes roughly 4min. If you get solution please keep this chain posted. Thank you

v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @datateammfy ,

Based on your description, I created a dashboard with 7 tiles and published a subscription, but it didn't reproduce the problem you're experiencing, as shown below.

vkaiyuemsft_0-1707191743308.png

Here are some suggestions to help you troubleshoot the problem.

1. Ask the report creator if RLS is set up. for dashboard subscriptions, if any tiles have Row Level Security (RLS) applied, they will not be displayed.
  2. Check if you are using unsupported tiles. For dashboard subscriptions, certain types of tiles are not yet supported. These tiles include: Streaming Processing tiles, Video tiles, and Custom Web Content tiles.
  3. Check if you are using custom visual objects. Custom visual objects are not currently supported for dashboard subscriptions, with the exception of those Power BI custom visual objects that have been certified.
  4. The issue may be coming from the browser, try accessing the dashboard using a different browser to see if the issue persists.

For more information on subscription issues, you can refer to this document: FAQs about Troubleshoot subscribing to dashboards and reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-kaiyue-msft ,

Thanks for your suggestions but we haven't utilized any RLS, unsupported tiles, or custom visuals. The issues we encountered were intermittent in nature.

In an attempt to resolve the problem, we even tried to create a new subscription, but unfortunately, it didn't work.

Our suspicion is that the dashboard's loading time is excessively long, causing it to be sent via email before all the visuals have fully populated.

We eagerly await your prompt response.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors