Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gozde
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Online - Refreshing for Folder Data (Date)

Hello,

I have a problem with Power BI Web/Online version.  When I refresh my data, the data from folders are not loading:

Capture.PNG

I had the same issue at Power BI desktop. I solve the issue via sorted rows function in Power Query.

In short, I can refresh my data via Desktop version, but not web version. This folder is dynamic and I would like to update automatically.

Can you help me to solve the issue?

Regards,

Gozde

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply, Xiaoxin.

I just found out the error is coming from the time structural differences. for Desktop, I changed the properties for EU timing (dd/mm/yyyy). However, I just found out, I have to change it for Online version for it. It is automatically US (mm/dd/yyyy).

Regards,

Gozde

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Gozde,

Based on test, if you get data from folder and combine them to one file, after you publish to power bi service, you need to config the datasource and use on-premise gateway to refresh.(by default, it will enable the personal gateway to refresh , but it seems like personal gateway not support windows credential)

1.PNG

Regards,

Xiaxoin sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Xiaxoin for the answer.

Unfortunately, it is not the case for my issue.

I try these folder with schedule refresh. It work well, no error!

powerbi_error.png

Regards,

Gozde

Hi @Gozde,

Do you means the dataset refresh success but the report go blank?

If this is a case,  can you share us more detail information about this issue? (for instance: visual type, record amount...)
In addition, which version of power bi you used? Did you try to use last version to test? (I test on last version but I can't repro this issue)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply, Xiaoxin.

I just found out the error is coming from the time structural differences. for Desktop, I changed the properties for EU timing (dd/mm/yyyy). However, I just found out, I have to change it for Online version for it. It is automatically US (mm/dd/yyyy).

Regards,

Gozde

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors