Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Gateway compatibility with HANA 2.0

Hi All,

Can you please help me on below query.

Is Power BI Gateway Version 3000.68.13 (December 2020(Release 2)) compatibility with HANA 2.0 SP05 Revision 52?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is no matrix for versions of Power BI Desktop and SAP HANA drivers. You might have to go to the SAP site and ensure your drivers are at the right level. SAP may have such a matrix, but MS does not. They rely on SAP to keep their drivers up to date and functional. There is a link to the SAP download site in the following MS artic.e

Use SAP HANA in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

First of all, you need to confirm whether your gateway version is updated to the latest version, because the Service is updated every month. So in order to better cooperate with Service, please update the gateway to the latest version .

From the overview for SAP HAHA ,we can see that HANA 1.0 SPS 12rev122.09, 2.0 SPS 3rev30 and BW/4HANA 2.0 is supported. You can refer to the links below to have a try .

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-sap-hana

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/connectors/sap-hana/overview

Ailsamsft_0-1633576114035.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

edhans
Super User
Super User

You'd have to test, but MS doesn't make any promises with older versions of the gateway. In fact, back in August 2020 some gateways from May 2020 stopped working if there was a Table.AddIndexColumn function.

You should always keep your Power BI Desktop and Gateways relatively current. They don't have to be current month, but you do not want to be fooling around with 9-10 month old products. Remember, the service changes every month too, and the desktop/gateway products are updated to keep track of those. You cannot stop the service updates.

If your org wants to, for some reason, stick with old software, they would need to get Power BI report server, and then just not upgrade. No one would recommend that though.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response. Yes we will make sure to keep desktop/gateway version in sync.

My query is specific to Power BI Desktop/Gateway compatibility with HANA. Are the above mentioned versions compatible and in general how to check the product comptaibility matrix. Thank you.

There is no matrix for versions of Power BI Desktop and SAP HANA drivers. You might have to go to the SAP site and ensure your drivers are at the right level. SAP may have such a matrix, but MS does not. They rely on SAP to keep their drivers up to date and functional. There is a link to the SAP download site in the following MS artic.e

Use SAP HANA in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors