Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Data Source Deleted And No Gateway Available

Hi, 

I am having an issue with the Power BI Service (when connected to datatbricks). 

As of now, my report in Power BI Desktop works perfectly, I can access databricks data and use it in the visuals as intended. However, when I publish the report, I am not able to refresh the data at Power BI Service and receive the errors below:
- When accessing the report itself: 

FelipePenna95_1-1670417269300.png

- When trying to refresh the dataset:

FelipePenna95_0-1670417236715.png

- When trying to see the credentials and gateway for the dataset:

FelipePenna95_2-1670417434528.png

*Important to note that there are no options below the "Data Source Credentials" option in the menu above. And when I click at "Recreate Cloud data Sources" nothing happens. 
I am connecting to databricks using the Azure Databricks option in Power BI Desktop, and the report was running flawlessly before my password expired. I update my password everywhere I could but the issue remains. 

Does anybody know the fix ? 

Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous , 

As you got in several error messages above, you need to install a Gateway to be able to access this report properly.
Please follow the article below to install the on-premise data gateway and configure the data source.

On-premises data gateway - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Install an on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Learn

Add or remove a gateway data source - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Note:

Server and database names must match between Power BI Desktop and the data source added to the on-premises data gateway.

If your dataset contains multiple data sources, each data source must be added in the gateway.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous , 

As you got in several error messages above, you need to install a Gateway to be able to access this report properly.
Please follow the article below to install the on-premise data gateway and configure the data source.

On-premises data gateway - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Install an on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Learn

Add or remove a gateway data source - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Note:

Server and database names must match between Power BI Desktop and the data source added to the on-premises data gateway.

If your dataset contains multiple data sources, each data source must be added in the gateway.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors