Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Auto Refresh Failing

Hi Friends

I am getting the following error as one of my auto refreshes keeps failing. Pls can you help resolve these issues?

When I run it manually, it succeeds.

Rgds

Amit

An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.
Refresh failed:

COpEx_DealActivity has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","parameters":{},"details":

[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":

{"type":1,"value":"<pi>The credentials provided for the SharePoint source are invalid. (Source at https://eu001-sp.shell.com/sites/AAFAA7335/PBI%20Lookup/RolesMatrix_xlsx/_api/contextinfo.)</pi>"}},

{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"SharePoint"}},

{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"<ccon>https://eu001-sp.shell.com/sites/AAFAA7335/PBI%20Lookup/RolesMatrix_xlsx/_api/contextinfo</ccon>"}},

{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AccessUnauthorized"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources","detail":

{"type":1,"value":"<ccon>[{\"kind\":\"SharePoint\",\"path\":\"https://eu001-sp.shell.com/sites/AAFAA7335/PBI%20Lookup/RolesMatrix_xlsx/_api/contextinfo\"}]</ccon>"}},

{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AccessUnauthorized"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Gen_GmMapEndur.

Next refresh for COpEx_DealActivity is scheduled for January 14, 2023 12:30 UTC.

Possible Solutions

1. Well, to solve te issue I had to reinstall and I created another gateway name. I hope it help you guys as well.

1. I have a similar issue, same pbix file, working fine on the service, and working fine on the desktop. As soon as I change any table relationship in the data model and re-upload, doesn't refresh anymore with credential problems. In the desktop it works no matter what, just not on the service. When I try to put the relationship as before, re upload, the service doesn't work again with credential problems.

1. The solution that fixed this for us was to simply reset the recovery keys on the gateway and create new keys. That's it.

5 REPLIES 5
AndersonSantos

Hi

Go to your main Sharepoint site

Enter your main email as full control, by default it is GLOBAL USER, after that try updating your panels

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi GilbertQ

I eneterd the credentials again, and it worked for few times, but the automatic refresh keeps failing intermittently with the same error.

Rgds

Amit

Hi @Anonymous 

I would chat to your network admin.

You dont for some reason have multi factor enabled on your account? If you do this could be affecting the reason for it failing.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi GilbertQ

We have single sign on and hence no multifactor Authentication, and hence its unlikely that is causing the issue? Even now the program is passing and failing intermittently.

Rgds

Amit

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for the details, when you got the error could you successfully re-enter the credentials for the SharePoint data source?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors