Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

gellmann94
Frequent Visitor

Power BI App Template Sample Data

Hello.

I am trying to create an app and publish it through AppSource.
The datasource for my application is an Excel which is stored on OneDrive.

I don't understand how to create sample data and load them on the application.
When I try to import the application on a secondary tenant of my organization, even if I don't connect to One Drive, I can see all the data.

My bottomline question is: How do I load sample data on a PowerBI Template App?

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @gellmann94 

You could create some sample data excel and then import into power bi instead of connecting the real datasource dircetly.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Lin, thank you for your reply.

While your suggestion is certainly viable, I still have some doubts.
Assuming I create some sample data and import them through excel, how am I going to manage the connection to the real data source inside the application itself?

I mean, the reports I would be building would use the sample data as a data source, not the real one.

Hi,

I also have the same question. I have created a template app using on-premise data source, and configured the connection settings through power bi workspace. Now, I don't want to show 'Connect your data' in the user-interface of the app. Do you have any idea how can I remove 'Connect your data' box?

Capture2.PNG 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors