Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ginowms0405
Frequent Visitor

Power Apps Within Power BI, Power Apps Access Blocked

I have a Power BI report that pulls data from SQL Server. In the Power BI report, I embedded a Power Apps screen that allows users to perform an update to a date field. I developed the Power BI report and the Power Apps interface using a service account that has Premium Per Use access.

When I use my regular network credentials to run the report, which is in a pipeline with Premium Per Use capacity, the report displays without incident and querying continues with no problem. The Power Apps interface displays with a splash screen related to a premium plan notification and a request to start a trial to use the features. I have included screen capture below. Splash screen is in lower left corner.

ginowms0405_0-1657570094314.png

I checked the setting for the Power Apps application and see that the license designation is Premium. Are users with Pro privileges prohibited from accessing Power Apps applications? Do they require premium access? I've shared the Power Apps application with users that have Pro accounts and they can open the applications directly from make.powerapps.com, but are there other settings that need to be set for the users so that Power Apps will open in Power BI? Per the setting in the Power Apps interface, users without a Per User plan should be able to access the screen. I have included a screen capture from the settings below.

ginowms0405_1-1657570140713.png

This is a bit of a conundrum, given I am new to marrying Power BI and Power Apps. Any information would be a huge help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

What matters first and foremost is the workspace in which the Power BI dataset/report has been published. If it's a PPU workspace, then end users will need PPU licenses to access content from the workspace, and I would expect that to be enforced via a PowerApps frontend as well. See the end user experience section here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-premium-per-user-faq#end-user-experienc...

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ginowms0405 ,

Whether the advice given by @otravers  has solved your confusion, if the problem has been solved you can mark the reply for the standard answer to help the other members find it more quickly. If not, please point it out.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
Henry

otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

What matters first and foremost is the workspace in which the Power BI dataset/report has been published. If it's a PPU workspace, then end users will need PPU licenses to access content from the workspace, and I would expect that to be enforced via a PowerApps frontend as well. See the end user experience section here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-premium-per-user-faq#end-user-experienc...

1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors