Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Plot the line in line chart only on selected one

Hi, 
I am attaching the link of my pbix file, please solve my issue
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ytlaogfi7fr4ss/JIRAMETRICS.pbix?dl=0

I want to attach my pbix file so that I can briefly explain my issue, There is no option of attaching pbix in the community.
I am Fresher, I am new to Power Bi, Help Me out.
> Here I have a line chart with x-axis -Sprint name, values- planned pbis, completed issues, and secondary values- Done to plan%. 
>I am having a slicer with Sprint names.
>Here I am facing an issue when I select all names in the slicer the line is plotting and displaying for all sprint names in line chart when I am selecting a single name in slicer the line is plotting for the selected one, and the remaining names are plotting as zero in the line chart.  Here I want to display only the selected one in the line chart. The relationship I have given "many to many" and cross filter is both.
>And For all Sprint Names, I have taken Only Prefix,
for ex: Data sprint 9, Data sprint 10, Data sprint 11, I have taken As "Data" as the sprint name, here if I click on "Data" in slicer The line should plot on DataSprint 9,10and 11 in the line chart.

> And The last, If you Send email-id's of you or community members or groups where they can see this type of issues for us so that we can attach our sample files for their clarifications as there is no option to attach pbix files in community. 

>If Possible Help me in Visualizing this Dashboard in Proper understanding  Manner so that I am having a demo, but Priority is a Line Plot issue in LIne chart.
For reference Attaching the pics ,srichakri_0-1633878955023.jpeg

srichakri_1-1633878954795.jpeg

If this issue is solved It will be so helpful for me, Requesting a Faster reply!!

Note: If you send a mail id I want to send my pbix file, for Reference, I am new to Power Bi as I am fresher!!
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

After my test, I suggest you change the relationship between the two tables to one-to-many and single cross filter direction, and create a measure to filter data in x axis and use it in filter pane.

Like this:

vjaneygmsft_0-1634106767131.png

Measure =
VAR a =
    DISTINCT ( VW_SPRINT_SUMMARY[SPRINT_NAME] )
RETURN
    IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( VW_SPRINT_SUMMARY[SPRINT_NAME] ) IN a, 1, 0 )

vjaneygmsft_1-1634107009967.png

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-janeyg-msft 

Thank you for the favor you did for me. You are the best; you have made me achieve this much.  I really appreciate your time and effort. My solution is Resolved. Hoping for this Support When needed.

PREVIEW

PREVIEW

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

After my test, I suggest you change the relationship between the two tables to one-to-many and single cross filter direction, and create a measure to filter data in x axis and use it in filter pane.

Like this:

vjaneygmsft_0-1634106767131.png

Measure =
VAR a =
    DISTINCT ( VW_SPRINT_SUMMARY[SPRINT_NAME] )
RETURN
    IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( VW_SPRINT_SUMMARY[SPRINT_NAME] ) IN a, 1, 0 )

vjaneygmsft_1-1634107009967.png

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-janeyg-msft 

Thank you for the favor you did for me. You are the best; you have made me achieve this much.  I really appreciate your time and effort. My solution is Resolved. Hoping for this Support When needed.

PREVIEW

PREVIEW

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors