Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Planned refresh issue

Hi,

I want my dataset to update every 15 minutes, but I'm not able to choose for this option. I can only choose that the 'refresh rate' is daily or weekly. I know that this is because I don't have a direct connection, but I did everything this page said to add my database to the Power BI App.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Does that make sense? If so, please mark the helpful answer as the solution. More people will benefit from here. If you still have questions, please feel free to ask us.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Does that make sense? If so, please mark the helpful answer as the solution. More people will benefit from here. If you still have questions, please feel free to ask us.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous - Do you have Premium capacity? Otherwise I do not believe you can configure refreshes that quickly. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greg_Deckler Just like this page explains, and this picture:

refresh.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

While connecting data in Power BI Desktop, you should choose the direct query mode like below. Then after publishing to Service, you could configure schedule cach refresh.

2.PNG

If there isn't the mode selection, it means the data source don't support direct query mode. You could reference the document to check it.

Power BI data sources 

For refresh, please reference:

Datasets in DirectQuery/LiveConnect mode 

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors