Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pin to Dashboards from another Workspace

Hi PBI Heroes

I am currently managing several workspaces and every morning I am required to go into the reports residing in each of the workspace to tally the sales figure. I am thinking of consolidating these reports and visuals into a dashboard in just one workspace but not sure if that is possible or not. I have checked a few solutions in this forum but as of 2021, it doesnt seem possible to pin a visual to another dashboard.

However when I am going through the DP-500 learning modules, some examples were cited. 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/training/modules/create-manage-power-bi-assets/3-explore-use-linea...

Shao_0-1670894162587.png

So this might seems possible since the module is quite recent. But I am not able to find any documentation or help on how to get this done.

Will appreciate some advice.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You cannot pin a visual from report A that is connected to dataset A in Workspace A into a dashboard in Workspace B.

But you can duplicate report A ( lets call is report report AB) and save it in Workspace B (note that report AB is still  connected to dataset A in Workspace A ) and pin the same visual in dashboard in Workspace B. (This corresponds to the diagram you posted)

Duplicate by "Save a copy", then you will be prompted for Workspace destination, this is where you can choose eg. Workspace B.

Tutu_in_YYC_0-1670969711950.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You cannot pin a visual from report A that is connected to dataset A in Workspace A into a dashboard in Workspace B.

But you can duplicate report A ( lets call is report report AB) and save it in Workspace B (note that report AB is still  connected to dataset A in Workspace A ) and pin the same visual in dashboard in Workspace B. (This corresponds to the diagram you posted)

Duplicate by "Save a copy", then you will be prompted for Workspace destination, this is where you can choose eg. Workspace B.

Tutu_in_YYC_0-1670969711950.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the kind help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors