Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

abpgupta
Post Patron
Post Patron

Paginated Report: Conditionally Show or Hide based on report output type

Hi All,

I want to hide header when report is exported in Excel format but continue to display it in PDF format. 

Is there any way to achieve this functionality in Paginated report?

Thanks in advance for any inputs!

Regards

Buddhi

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can create two version of the same report page, one for Excel and one for PDF, and then specify which pages to export for each of the formats. 

Hi @lbendlin , 
There is only Page available in Paginated Report so not sure if I understand the solution correctly. Can you please also tell what will be parameter/function is to determine Export Type (Excel/PDF)? Thanks!

Hi, @abpgupta 

It’s my pleasure to answer for you.

According to your description,I think there is no existing function that can directly meet your needs.

You need to save two version reports (hide header/not hide header),one for excel,another for PDF.

Like this:

3.png

If it doesn’t solve your problem, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-janeyg-msft !
I am looking for way similar to Cognos where we can control it with Conditional Variables based on report output types without need to create multiple reports for each output type.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors