Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

August_Stidberg
Frequent Visitor

PBI Service GIT Integration fails

Hi,

I started a new repository in Azure DevOps to source control a workspace in Power BI Service. The issue I'm facing is that all the reports and models are stuck with a Git status of "uncommitted," and the source control icon keeps spinning. Additionally, I'm unable to disconnect the workspace. Within the workspace, I have both PBIX and PBIP files. As far as I understand, I can only source control the PBIP files. Has anyone else encountered this problem or knows what I might be doing wrong? I would appreciate hearing your thoughts.

4 REPLIES 4
djdl

I had this issue and it turned out the length of the filepath exceeded the maximum allowed by Power BI, which is 260 characters. After I shorted some of the folder names in the filepath to get it under 260, the git sync worked and gave the synced status.

It's annoying as this a restriction that Microsoft enforce yet any status/error messages don't explain what the issue is.

garazho
Regular Visitor

Have you fixed the issue? 
I'm facing the same.

August_Stidberg
Frequent Visitor

Hi, thank you for your answer. I am the workspace admin, and I tried both manually committing changes and manually disconnecting the workspace, but I just get an error.

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @August_Stidberg ,

1. Attempt to manually commit your changes through the Power BI Service interface. Navigate to the Source Control pane within the Power BI service and see if you can commit your changes there. If this option is not available or fails, it might indicate a configuration issue with the Git integration.

2. Only the workspace admin can manage the connections to the Azure Repo such as connecting, disconnecting, or adding a branch. Once connected, anyone with permission can work in the workspace.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors