Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PBI Premium "2 QuestionS"

I have 2 questions: I might need to share pretty basic content with all the saleforce structure (350 people) and I have 2 options, the easy way and the hard way…the hard way would be to give acces to a report one person by one (BY THE WAY, THE FIELD WHERE YOU ADD EMAILS DOESNT ACCEPT MORE THAN 1 MAIL AT ONCE...IT IS A PAIN), or to crEate a link secure which is suppossed to be public for peopel who are in the company domain only… Im not sure how to do it. Any advice?

5 REPLIES 5
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Embedding the content in Sharepoint online may be a good solution for you.

Here is the link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/sharepoint-scenario-embed-report

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-kelly-msft hope you are doing good!

Im sharing on sharepoint (under premium capacity), but still ask for a PBI account if someone wants to go in..

It is possible for someone who doesnt have an PBI account  to see the content in sharepoint. must they to be registered in Power BI to see the content?... what do I have to do to avoid that? the power bi and sharepoint ar public or open wrkspace,,,what ever you want to call it with no restriction...

I try and my coleague sees the folowing: Image 1st image is the report 2cond image is what my colegue sees when she trys to enter

1 consulta.JPGThe translation into english is: You have to be registered in Power BI to see the contentThe translation into english is: You have to be registered in Power BI to see the content 

@Anonymous I would recommend that you or someone on your IT / admin team create an AD group with those users. Then you can just share the report to that AD group and you automatically shared to all users with one entry. The other option you seem to reference is Publish to Web, or just planning on generating an embed code... either way, not really ideal as one is opening your company data up, and the other would require the users to always use that link. You would want the report to show up in their workspace.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

they are sellers and info consumers only... the rotation of that area is big, thats why Im wondering what would be the suitable solution for something like this. The idea is not to depend on constant update to the AD group.

@Anonymous All the more reason that they should be part of an AD group. Why would you want to manage user permissions on the report side. If there is that much turnover that should automatically be added to an IT task as they onboard or offboard users. 

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors