Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Open time report

Hi everyone,

I currently have a report with 600 million rows and I am measuring the interaction times to check that they are acceptable. I have enabled query caching (premium). I am measuring report open times without getting a clear conclusion of what affects these times (Power BI cache, browser cache, latency, local machine...) as two different users have had initial report open times very different (10 sec/ 2 min). Do you know what may be affecting these times?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

needs more details. Shared capacity or Premium? If Premium, what SKU? How busy is the capacity? Do you have Incremental Refresh partitions? Do you use aggregation tables?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Report is in a Premium Capacity P2, in a testing workspace that only I use. My doubt is what features or resources have impact in opening time of reports? It seems like PBI have a persistent cache per user that let to load the information faster.

Please answer my other questions. Check how busy the P2 is, look at the evictions, monitor the refresh heat map. There are many contributing factors.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I check that? I'm not the capacity administrator, I only can watch metrics and usage of the report.

Ask your capacity admin to share the premium capacity metrics app with you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors