Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

yiosifidis

Open Data Model is greyed out in dataset

Hello all,

Although i have enabled in service the checkbox that enables user to edit data model in service and despite the fact that my Power BI home region is North Europe (Ireland), i observe that in some workspaces i can't edit any dataset and reason is wheh i hover on greyed out button that my region isn't supported but in other datasets in other workspaces that reside in the same tenant button is enabled for open data model. I can't understand what is going on since all workspace reside in the same region.

Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yiosifidis ,

The issue you’re experiencing might be related to the tenant setting “Use datasets across workspaces”. This setting can restrict dataset reuse either completely or partially per security groups. When this setting is turned off, some of the effects are:

The button to copy reports across workspaces isn’t available.
In a report based on a shared dataset, the Edit report button isn’t available.
In the Power BI service, the discovery experience only shows datasets in the current workspace.
In Power BI Desktop, the discovery experience only shows datasets from workspaces where you’re a member.

To solve your problem,please enable it in admin portal.

vxiaoyanmsft_0-1700128810213.png

Control the use of semantic models across workspaces - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yiosifidis ,

The issue you’re experiencing might be related to the tenant setting “Use datasets across workspaces”. This setting can restrict dataset reuse either completely or partially per security groups. When this setting is turned off, some of the effects are:

The button to copy reports across workspaces isn’t available.
In a report based on a shared dataset, the Edit report button isn’t available.
In the Power BI service, the discovery experience only shows datasets in the current workspace.
In Power BI Desktop, the discovery experience only shows datasets from workspaces where you’re a member.

To solve your problem,please enable it in admin portal.

vxiaoyanmsft_0-1700128810213.png

Control the use of semantic models across workspaces - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors