Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SeaBeorn

On-premises data gateway version 3000.63.6

Hi

Im looking for version 3000.63.6 of On-premises data gateway.

Do that version is the ones that works for me.

Newer versions does not work for me.

/Björn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @SeaBeorn 

You would need to install the 64bit Oracle drivers, here is my blog post on how to configure this

Power BI – On-Premise Gateway Configuration steps to an Oracle Database - Data Analytics | FourMoo a...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

You are lookking for a version that is an year old, @GilbertQ  might be able to help you with it

Can you help what issue you are facing while using latest version of Gateway

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Yes i know it is a old version.

Every time we have tried to update resources becomes unreachble.

And now when we need to set up a new gateway. We get this error when trying to add Data Source in the gateway cluster.

Error Code:DMTS_UpdateClusterDatasourceCredentialsErrorCode
Underlying error message:An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Attempt to load Oracle client libraries threw BadImageFormatException. This problem will occur when running in 64 bit mode with the 32 bit Oracle client components installed.'

Hi,

The Error looks like happening because you are using 32-bit Oracle Client in a 64 bit machine. When you download and install the gateway it auto downloads the 64-bit version of the gateway as your system is a 64-bit machine.

Can you try downloading the latest 32-bit gateway and install in your machine. Then try to connect to the datasource

Note: Suggesting this assuming you might not be able to change the Oracle Version

Hi

There is no 32-bit version off the On-premise data gateway. 

So im sorry that is not possible to test that. And you are correct that I can't change version on Oracle either.

Ya I just saw that the gateway is available only in 64-bit

Hi @SeaBeorn 

You would need to install the 64bit Oracle drivers, here is my blog post on how to configure this

Power BI – On-Premise Gateway Configuration steps to an Oracle Database - Data Analytics | FourMoo a...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors