Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PeterMansion
Frequent Visitor

On-premises Data Gateway - IP Address Tags

Hi,

I work in a pretty locked down environment whereby we need to open outbound Firewall ports / IP addresses to allow connectivity. We do this by using the FQDN's in the Gatway documentation - Adjust communication settings for the on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Learn

Our Gateway was working fine for a while until I started seeing the following error:

"XXX Gateway" is configured correctly but is unreachable due to local network connectivity problems.

Our Firewall log files are showing the following drops (blocked IP's).

Screenshot 2023-02-01 104312.png

If I take the latest drop (08:43:47) this seems to be an "AzureMonitor" IP address (which is not in the list of Tags that the Gateway reqires).

Do I need connectivity to all of the IP's for the Gateway to work?

Note that the Connectivity test in the Gateway works perfectly with no errors (I suspect this is only testing ServiceBus IP's).

Also, looking at the documentation (below) I seem to be missing the facility to test "Netwrok Status". Is this a deprecated function?

Screenshot 2023-02-01 105602.png

Does anyone have any tips for getting me back up and running? Obviously, I want to avoid hard coding IP addresses in case they change in the future.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the replies. In the end, a re-install of the Gateway fixed my issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
wikkleyn
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @PeterMansion  Have you looked at adding the URLs to your allowlist instead of the IPs? We did go the IP route, but the IPs change without prior knowledge and that causes outages.

Thanks for the replies. In the end, a re-install of the Gateway fixed my issue.

Thanks. We tried that but I'm not convinced that the URL's are an exhaustive list. Have you had to add any URL's other than the ones that Microsoft advise?

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @PeterMansion 

Do you mean that the HTTPS option does not work?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Yes, we are set to "HTTPS" and it's still not working.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors