Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AndreT
Helper I
Helper I

On-Premises Gateway refresh problem

Hi,

For last few days I have a problem with schedule and on demand refresh through PBI service using the on-premises gateway in personal mode.

All started when we moved part of our data base to Amazon redshift. It is officially supported by PBI. It does refresh through Desktop no problem, but once I uploaded it to service and wanted to do schedule or do on demand refresh, it came back  with an error.

Details Type Start End Status Message

Hide
On demand5/15/2018, 9:52:20 AM5/15/2018, 9:52:32 AMFailedCannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:b5b018cc-4a5f-4a42-ad03-dccdb52d2a1a
Request ID:d20f9edd-4413-5117-a8a3-658503c5f50f
Time:2018-05-15 08:52:32Z

I made sure I am running the latest gateway which is 14.16.6684.4, I even reinstalled it, but no luck.

From what I understand, Amazon Redshift is a cloud service which doesn't even require a gateway for refresh, but other tables in my data model do. So that shouldn't really affect the refresh.

I also noticed following: 

gateway running.JPG

So, PBI service connect to gateway ok, but when I go to manage gateway I get following message:

error.JPG

Like I mentioned earlier, the gateway I'm running is the latest version (from April 2018), so don't understand this error.

Also, I can't locate service called On-premises gateway within services.msi. Even after restarting my laptop.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions how to fix it?

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AndreT,

Do you have any queries that mix the Redshift and local data together? If so, I would suggest you use the On-premises Gateway (NOT the personal mode). There is a new feature of February that could help. That's "combine the cloud data source and on-premises data source". Please refer to on-premises-data-gateway-february-update-is-now-available/

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors