Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

danielpaduck
Helper III
Helper III

ODBC Connection Error On Gateway - URL was ot property formatted

I am working with a client that is using ODBC to do a data connection.  I have been able to set up the ODBC in my own testing gateway and can use it for refreshes but when I set the ODBC connection on the client's production tenant, I am seeing the following:

danielpaduck_0-1705081394465.png

Not sure how to troubleshoot this one because I set up the connector the same way on my own tenant and it worked.  Also, I confirmed the ODBC connector is running correctly on the client's server. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-weiyan1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @danielpaduck ,

Has your issue been resolved so far? Are you troubleshooting the problem based on the solution ideas provided by @aj1973 ? If the issue is not resolved at this time, can you provide more information for our reference? This will better help you deal with the issue.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Yulia Yan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

danielpaduck
Helper III
Helper III

The gateway is installed on a local server.  I did not set it up but I will check if the user set it up as a personal or standard gateway.  Thanks! 

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @danielpaduck 

Where is the Gateway installed? is it a personal Gateway or The standard Gateway?

If it is personal Gateway then it won't work.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors