Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

colep

Need help updating a connection to a published dashboard

I'm getting the below error:

either a connection cannot be made to the wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net server, or analysis services is not running on the computer specified.

Below is a screen shot of the full error screen. 

colep_0-1708446131384.png

When I hit OK, I get this message:

colep_1-1708446162564.png
When I hit request access, I get this message.

colep_2-1708446188681.png

This makes no sense to me as I am an admin for the model and have used this method to update connections in the past with no issues.

Below are the steps I am taking and that worked in the past:
Step one, press analyze in excel on the report from the workspaces page. 
Step two, open the file and copy the connection name and definition to clipboard
Step three, paste the connection name and definition in the file I'm trying to update to the new connection.

colep_3-1708446264001.png

For some reason, I have no problem doing this when I press analyze in excel within the desktop app, and update the connection via local host if that helps.

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @colep ,

Check the status of the server:
Verify that Analysis Services is running properly on the specified computer. Ensure that it is running and accessible.
Verify that the wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net server is accessible. Occasionally, temporary server issues may cause connection problems.

The problem feels like it's on the source side, so you may need to check the source side

Below is the post will help you:

What is the below error means? - Microsoft Community

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors