Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dsinla
Regular Visitor

Multiple page report not displaying in dashboard

Hello all

Relative newbie and first-time poster here. I've built on a tutorial and created a very simple 2-page report.

Page 1: Global Sales

Page 2: Sales by Segment

I publish that Report to a new Dashboard. I see only my first page, and I don't see any navigation (no Pages panel on the left, no tabs on the bottom) to access the 2nd page.  

I've searched multiple sources including this forum and haven't found an answer. I feel like I'm missing something obvious - do I have to custom build some navigation?

Thanks for any help.

Report:

dsinla_0-1694798405633.png

Dashboard:

dsinla_1-1694798499424.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
christinepayton
Super User
Super User

Dashboards do not display things in the same way as reports - you can't pin an entire report to a dashboard, only specific pages or visuals. If you are trying to get people to view your whole report, you can just share the report with them - dashboards area meant to be used when you're trying to combine things from multiple reports in one place (and they're not super widely used for that, either). 

You may get more mileage out of a Power BI App, if you're trying to combine whole reports in one UI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
christinepayton
Super User
Super User

Dashboards do not display things in the same way as reports - you can't pin an entire report to a dashboard, only specific pages or visuals. If you are trying to get people to view your whole report, you can just share the report with them - dashboards area meant to be used when you're trying to combine things from multiple reports in one place (and they're not super widely used for that, either). 

You may get more mileage out of a Power BI App, if you're trying to combine whole reports in one UI.

@christinepayton 

Thanks so much, I see now that I had a flawed assumption that all reports were exposed through dashboards. I appreciate the education.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors